This creamy carrot soup is a perfect springtime dish. It’s bright, flavorful, and loaded with healthy vegetables. Plus, the addition of scallions and poppy seeds gives it a unique twist. This soup is easy to make and can be ready in just under an hour.
Preparation time: 45 minutes
– 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
– 1 medium onion, chopped
– 1 pound carrots, peeled and chopped
– 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
– 1 cup heavy cream
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
– 2 scallions, thinly sliced
– 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
– In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
– Add the chopped carrots and broth to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until the carrots are tender, about 25 minutes.
– Use an immersion blender or transfer the soup to a blender and puree until smooth.
– Return the soup to the pot and stir in the heavy cream, salt, and black pepper. Heat over medium-low heat until warmed through.
– Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with sliced scallions and poppy seeds.