Are you craving a delicious and flavorful chicken dish? Look no further! In this article, we will guide you through the process of making Parmesan Herb Crusted Chicken. This delectable recipe combines the savory taste of Parmesan cheese with aromatic herbs, resulting in a crispy and succulent chicken that will leave your taste buds wanting more. So, let’s roll up our sleeves and get cooking!
Table of Contents
- Step 1: Preparing the Chicken Breasts
- Step 2: Creating the Herb Mixture
- Step 3: Coating the Chicken
- Step 4: Pan-frying the Chicken
- Step 5: Baking the Chicken
- Step 6: Serving and Enjoying
In this section, we will provide an overview of the Parmesan Herb Crusted Chicken recipe. We will highlight its delicious flavors, crispy texture, and how it can be a versatile dish for various occasions.
To create this mouthwatering dish, you will need the following ingredients:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
3. Step 1: Preparing the Chicken Breasts
Begin by preheating your oven to 375°F (190°C). Then, rinse the chicken breasts under cold water and pat them dry with paper towels. This step ensures that the chicken is clean and ready for the herb crust.
4. Step 2: Creating the Herb Mixture
In a bowl, combine the grated Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, chopped parsley, thyme leaves, rosemary leaves, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Mix the ingredients thoroughly to ensure an even distribution of flavors.
5. Step 3: Coating the Chicken
Dip each chicken breast into the beaten eggs, making sure to coat both sides. Next, transfer the chicken to the herb mixture and press it down gently to adhere the crust to the chicken. Repeat this process for all the chicken breasts.
6. Step 4: Pan-frying the Chicken
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, carefully add the coated chicken breasts to the pan. Cook for approximately 2-3 minutes on each side, or until the crust turns golden brown.
7. Step 5: Baking the Chicken
Transfer the pan-fried chicken breasts to a baking dish and place them in the preheated oven. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
8. Step 6: Serving and Enjoying
Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes. This allows the juices to redistribute, ensuring a moist and tender chicken. Serve the Parmesan Herb Crusted Chicken with your favorite side dishes, such as roasted vegetables or a fresh salad.
In conclusion, Parmesan Herb Crusted Chicken is a delightful dish that combines the rich flavors of Parmesan cheese and aromatic herbs. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can create a crispy and flavorful chicken that will impress your family and friends. Don’t hesitate to give this recipe a try and enjoy a mouthwatering meal!
- Can I use dried herbs instead of fresh ones?
- Yes, you can use dried herbs if fresh ones are not available. However, keep in mind that the flavor might be slightly different.
- Can I substitute the Parmesan cheese with another type of cheese?
- While Parmesan cheese adds a unique flavor to this dish, you can experiment with other hard cheeses like Pecorino Romano or aged cheddar.
- Can I bake the chicken without pan-frying it first?
- Pan-frying the chicken before baking creates a crispy crust. However, if you prefer to skip this step, you can directly bake the coated chicken breasts in the oven.
- What can I serve with Parmesan Herb Crusted Chicken?
- This dish pairs well with a variety of sides, such as roasted potatoes, steamed vegetables, or a fresh green salad.
- Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
- While it’s best to enjoy Parmesan Herb Crusted Chicken fresh out of the oven, you can prepare the chicken breasts and coat them with the herb mixture in advance. Simply refrigerate them until you’re ready to cook and serv