Transport your taste buds to the flavors of Mexico with these sizzling Steak Fajitas. A symphony of marinated steak, colorful peppers, and onions, all wrapped in warm tortillas – this recipe is a celebration of bold spices and mouthwatering textures. Join us as we guide you through the simple steps to create this delicious and satisfying dish that’s perfect for any fiesta.
- 2 pounds skirt, flank, sirloin, or hanger steak, sliced into ½-inch strips
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced into thin strips
- 1 green or yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, peeled and sliced into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6-8 tortillas, warmed
- Marinate the Steak and Vegetables: Place the sliced steak into a sealable bag. In a separate bag, combine the sliced peppers and onions. In a jar with a screw top or tight-fitting lid, add olive oil, lime juice, chili powder, ground cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, black pepper, and minced garlic. Shake the jar until the marinade is well combined. Pour ⅓ of the marinade over the steak, ⅓ over the vegetables, and reserve the remaining marinade in the jar for cooking. Seal the bags tightly and refrigerate for at least one hour, or overnight for enhanced flavor.
- Cook the Vegetables: When ready to cook, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pour the marinated vegetables into the skillet and cook until they are just tender-crisp, approximately 5 minutes. Remove the vegetables from the skillet and set them aside on a plate.
- Cook the Steak: In the same skillet, add the steak strips. Cook until the steak is cooked throughout, about 7-10 minutes. Once cooked, return the cooked vegetables to the skillet along with the reserved marinade. Stir until everything is well combined
and heated through.
- Serve and Enjoy: Warm the tortillas and serve them alongside the sizzling steak and vegetable mixture. Allow everyone to customize their fajitas with their favorite optional garnishes, such as salsa, guacamole, sour cream, or fresh cilantro.
Conclusion: Experience the sizzle and spice of homemade Steak Fajitas with this easy-to-follow recipe. The marinated steak, paired with colorful peppers and onions, creates a mouthwatering combination that’s perfect for family dinners or entertaining guests. Serve the sizzling fajitas with warm tortillas and a variety of optional garnishes to create a festive and flavorful meal. Gather your loved ones and enjoy the vibrant tastes of Mexico right at your own table!