These chocolate-coated peanut butter crackers are a delicious and easy snack that you can make at home. They’re perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth and will leave you feeling satisfied and energized.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
– 24 saltine crackers
– 1 cup creamy peanut butter
– 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
– 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
– Line a baking sheet with waxed paper and set aside.
– Spread a teaspoon of peanut butter onto each saltine cracker and sandwich them together to form 12 pairs.
– In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and vegetable shortening. Microwave on high for 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
– Dip each peanut butter cracker sandwich into the melted chocolate mixture, using a fork to fully coat each one. Place the coated crackers onto the prepared baking sheet.
– Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator and chill until the chocolate is set, about 10 minutes.
– Once the chocolate has set, remove the crackers from the baking sheet and store them in an airtight container at room temperature.
Enjoy your delicious chocolate-coated peanut butter crackers!