Savor the warmth and heartiness of a delightful winter soup with our Crockpot Creamy Potato & Hamburger Soup recipe. This delicious and easy-to-make soup is a perfect addition to your family’s comfort food repertoire. Paired with a side of cornbread, this soul-soothing dish is sure to become a household favorite. Join us as we guide you through the simple steps of creating this savory soup that combines the richness of ground beef, the creaminess of potatoes, and a medley of flavors that will leave your taste buds craving for more.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and cubed
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 6 cups russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups frozen vegetable mix
- 3 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 8 ounces cubed Velveeta cheese
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef and onions until the onions soften, and the ground meat is browned. Strain the excess grease.
- Add the minced garlic to the skillet and sauté until browned. Transfer the beef mixture to a saucepan or stockpot on the stove.
- To the beef mixture, add diced potatoes, chicken broth, frozen vegetable mix, basil, and dried parsley.
- Cook in a crockpot on low for 6-8 hours, on high for 3-4 hours, or simmer on the stove until the potatoes are tender and beginning to soften.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and milk. Then, whisk this mixture into the soup, allowing it to thicken.
- Add the cubed Velveeta cheese to the soup, stirring occasionally until the cheese is completely melted.
- Once the soup is ready, ladle it into bowls and serve piping hot.
- Enjoy the comforting blend of flavors and textures in every spoonful of this Creamy Potato & Hamburger Soup.
Conclusion: In conclusion, the Crockpot Creamy Potato & Hamburger Soup is a soul-warming dish that brings together the wholesome goodness of ground beef, hearty potatoes, and a creamy, cheesy base. Its simplicity and versatility make it an ideal choice for a comforting family meal during the winter months. Whether simmering in the crockpot or bubbling on the stove, this soup offers a delicious escape into the heart of comfort food. So, gather your loved ones, pair it with some cornbread, and relish the joy of a home-cooked meal that warms both the body and the soul.