Indulge your taste buds in the unparalleled delight of The Best Steak with this simple yet exquisite recipe. Whether you prefer New York Strip, Ribeye, or Top Sirloin, this method guarantees a juicy, flavorful steak that will leave you craving for more. With the right combination of seasoning, searing, and finishing touches, this recipe elevates your steak-cooking skills to perfection. Follow the steps below to savor the mouthwatering goodness of The Best Steak.
- 2 lbs New York Strip Steaks (2 steaks) or Ribeye or Top Sirloin Steaks (1 lb each steak, 1 1/4” thick)
- 1/2 Tbsp vegetable oil or any high heat cooking oil like canola or extra light olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and quartered
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- Remove the steaks from the fridge and allow them to come to room temperature before cooking (30 minutes for thin steaks, about an hour for thick steaks).
- Use a good heavy pan, preferably a Cast Iron skillet or ST grill.
- Oil your pan well AFTER it is heated! (Medium-high heat).
- Season your steaks liberally on both sides with your favorite steak seasoning.
- Once you place your steak in the pan, refrain from touching or turning them for at least 3-4 minutes until a nice sear is formed. When you flip the steaks over, allow them to cook for 3-4 minutes on the other side.
- If your steaks are thick, finish them in a hot oven preheated to 375°F for anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes for a medium to medium-good steak.
- In the last minutes of cooking, add butter, garlic cloves, and a sprig of fresh rosemary to the pan. Spoon the melted butter over the steaks for extra flavor.
- Enjoy the perfection of The Best Steak, a culinary masterpiece that captures the essence of a perfectly cooked steak!
Conclusion: Master the art of cooking steak with The Best Steak recipe. Elevate your dining experience with the perfect blend of seasoning, searing, and finishing touches that result in a steak lover’s dream. Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a cooking enthusiast, this recipe promises a delightful journey to steak perfection.